What is better than pizza? Dessert pizza!
This one is topped with coconut cream, strawberries, and chocolate. The crust is made with sprouted quinoa is not too sweet, vegan and also gluten and nut free.
Quinoa is a complete protein which means it contains all 9 of the amino acids.
Chocolate Pizza Recipe
Makes 6 servings
* This crust is not too sweet, if you like it a little sweeter, add more dates.
2T Cacao powder
3 Medjool dates soaked
- Soak the quinoa in the water overnight until it sprouts. About 5 hours.
- In a separate bowl, soak the dates in water.
- Once the quinoa has sprouted you will see little tails coming from the seeds and there won't be any excess water in your bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend the soaked quinoa, cacao powder and soaked dates in your high-speed blender until creamy and uniform.
- Spread the dough mix into a parchment paper lined pan and spread to 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, turn over and bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool while working on the coconut cream and chocolate sauce.
3/4C Young Thai coconut meat
1T sweetener (coconut nectar, soaked date)
- In a high-speed blender place the coconut meat and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener of choice if desired. I did not add any sweetener to mine since I think the coconut meat is sweet enough.
- Set aside
1/4C coconut oil
2T coconut nectar
1T cacao powder
pinch Himalayan Crystal salt
pinch vanilla bean powder
- In a high-speed blender place the coconut oil, coconut nectar, cacao powder, salt, and vanilla bean powder.
- Pulse for 10 seconds
3 Strawberries thinly sliced
1/4C Coconut ribbons
- Using a spatula, spread the coconut cream onto the crust.
- Place a layer of strawberries on top of the coconut cream.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce on top of the strawberries.
- Repeat placing another layer of strawberries on top of the chocolate.
- Drizzle more chocolate sauce on top of the second layer of strawberries.
- Finish with sprinkling the coconut ribbons over top.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Remove and serve. This pizza is best served at room temperature.
This post is part of the Vancity Virtual Potluck. This is a digital potluck with over 30 bloggers that will be posting their recipes at the same time. When you are done here, you can read the recipe for the previous dish or the next dish.
You can find the whole menu here.
Audrey is the founder of Living Lotus Food & Nutrition Inc. a plant-based dessert and food education company in Vancouver, BC. Trained as a certified Whole Food Educator and Raw Food Chef, she is passionate about Making Health Sweet and empowering people to make better food choices. She enjoys playing in the kitchen, yoga, sewing & riding her bike in the sun. Follow her on Instagram @1ivinglotus or FB 1LivingLotus